May 12th, 2016
Moving is stressful occurrence, but choosing the right moving company can help ease the worry. A moving company will make the process easier on you and your family. Finding a moving company that you can trust is essential. Follow the below tips when choosing moving companies to make sure you find the one that fits your needs:
- Look around a few different places for moving companies. Ask friends, ask storage facilities, google the area, and check Angie’s List.
- Do an initial screening of the company to check their viability and features. Ask if they are insured, if they background check employees, how long they have been in business, if they have the proper licenses to cross state lines, etc.
- Look at reviews on social media, such as yelp, Facebook, movingscam.com, etc.
- Ask at least 2 companies for in-home estimates (3-4 are better, so you make sure you get the best price).
- Make sure the in-home estimates cover everything-check the contract to be sure everything you need is covered/included.
Packing your belongings is always part of the process when moving. The last thing you want to happen when you arrive at your new location is to have broken or damaged belongings. Below are moving tips to make sure your belongings arrive safely at their new home and to make the process easier:
- Use Ziploc bags or small containers for parts, such as the bolts or screws from furniture. Attach the container/bag to the object it came from so that it’s easier to put back together.
- Make a moving list. Although you may think you can keep track of everything, a list will help make sure nothing is forgotten and everything ends up where it belongs.