September 11, 2019
Back to School Tips and Local Storage
The back to school season has returned, which also means your busy schedule is coming back. How can our local storage in Ellijay GA help you prepare for this upcoming school year? By providing you extra space, all your seasonal gear will be safely secured until next season. Also, we have tips for your house that will help get you and your children ready for the school year. Take a look at some of the ways our local self storage units help with the back to school season!
Helpful Organization Around Your Home
Arranging the family’s schedule and planning meals is all part of the back to school routine. Use these tips to help get organized quick!
- Create a homework center. It can be the kitchen table or in an office space, as long as your child has a quiet place to be able to concentrate on their school work.
- Take inventory of your kid’s clothes. Go through their closets and drawers and get rid of any articles of clothing that no longer fit them. You can then make a list of what they need and go shopping so you are not rushing around last minute trying to find clothes.
- Download a family calendar app (Cozi Family Organizer) so you can see everyone’s schedule, which is color-coded for you. Also, you are able to share reminders and there is even an editable shopping list feature.
- Plan your dinners ahead of time. You can save time and money by prepping and planning meals in advance. This eliminates ordering take out if you are prepared.
- Have a school supply stash. If your child has a project and you run out of a material they need and it is the evening when stores are closed, then you will have all the items you need. Also buying in bulk can save you cash!
Discover many more helpful tips for arranging your home here!
How to Storage Outdoor Equipment
- When its time to put the peddle bikes away there are just a few precautions you will need to take. (1) Clean the bike, (2) Lube the chain and cables, (3) Fill the tires with air.
- Before winter season sets in, it is important to prepare your lawn care items for the winter. (1) Fill the gas tank completely, (2) Completely fill the tires with air, (3) Change the oil.
- Provide time to let your tents and sleeping bags air out from your last use before storing.
- Place your camping gear into clear containers and boxes, and label the outside with the contents located within.
- Take advantage of our large storage units to store your canoes and kayaks. This will prevent them from damage due to extreme weather.
Reserve your seasonal storage unit online today! Ellijay Storage can be your local storage choice for the back to school season! Our drive-up and temperature controlled units can be the solution to storing your seasonal items. Pack up and move your fun-filled seasonal valuables to local storage in Ellijay GA with who you trust at Ellijay Storage.