April 4, 2016
Preparing for Student Storage
Have you thought about where to store your dorm belongings and college items? We can help with student storage! Renting a storage unit near school not only makes getting ready for next year easy, but it also helps keep your belongings secure and in great condition! Storing all of your dorm items, such as linens, a mattress, and various dorm furniture, becomes a breeze. All of your items are then ready when you start next semester! Check out the five tips below to prepare for college storage over the summer:
- When storing bedding or clothing, garbage bags make better use of space than a box. They can fit in tight spaces and keep items protected.
- Call ahead to reserve a unit a few weeks in advance. Starting in May, units begin to go fast!
- Plan a block of time for at least 20 minutes to view your unit and sign the lease.
- Color coordinate totes or boxes with labels to make retrieving your items easy.
- Wrap fragile items with bubble wrap and packing material. This will help keep them safe and secure until you need them.
When you are looking for a place to store your dorm items, keep us in mind for student storage solutions! We can help make your transition to and from college easier.