July 15, 2015
Simple Tips For Storing Clothing
Hesitant about storing clothing? It doesn’t have to be scary! Cleaning out your closet, whether for season changes or moving, doesn’t mean you to have get rid of your clothing. Storage can be an extension of your closet. Here are some tips for protecting your clothing in storage.
- Purchase any form of Damp-rid and place it in your storage unit. Damp-rid will keep humidity away from your belongings.
- Never store anything in the dry cleaning plastic it came in. The plastic traps a ton of moisture, which can cause fibers to dry out and can cause yellowing of fabric.
- If storing socks, do not keep them rolled. This will lose the elasticity. Instead, store them by the laying them flat then folding them in half.
- Keep clothes organized for easier transition. Store by type of clothes or by season and label your containers. This makes it easier to sort your clothes quickly.
- Wardrobe boxes make storing clothes on hangers easy. Some clothes are better stored on hangers and these boxes make it efficient to store, while protecting your belongings.